Limited edition reprint – pre-order now for June 2021 dispatch.
Issue 7 includes:
- Mark of the Vampire – Tod Browning’s remake of lost 1927 movie London After Midnight allowed Bela Lugosi to once more don a vampire cape – but all is not as it seems. We explore this moody, twist-laden thriller.
- Sinister Sidekicks – behind many a famous villain is a willing cohort doing all the dirty work. We present a rundown of some of classic horror’s most memorable movie minions.
- J Carrol Naish – his timeless acting and flair for the sinister make this actor’s performances stand up well today; we revisit his excellent horror roles in our in-depth biography.
- Hammer Vampires – there’s nothing like an English gothic atmosphere to bring out the fanged fiend in us all, and the world of Hammer Horror was awash with the bloodsucking undead…
- Feisty Femmes – we meet the damsels in distress and fearless action heroines who define classic horror storytelling.
- The Alligator People – oozing atmosphere, and featuring a splendidly creepy performance by Lon Chaney Jr, this gem of sci-fi horror makes a big splash.
- The Walking Dead – this issue’s Forgotten Frights feature goes beyond the grave and back again with this 1936 Karloff thriller.
- And so much more too!
Issue #7 of Classic Monsters of the Movies is packed with articles, stills and artwork that will awaken nostalgia in any fan of classic horror movies. From the high-quality journalism from our team of writers, to the elegant design, we remain true to the classic horror magazines of your youth, but with high-end modern production values in luxurious full colour.
The haunting cover painting of Bela Lugosi as Count Mora is the creation of horror art legend Daniel Horne – but there’s something in Classic Monsters of the Movies for any monster fan.
Don’t forget, you can save money with a discount on each issue when you purchase an advance subscription to Classic Monsters of the Movies. Click here for details!
- 68 pages
- Full colour throughout
- Packed with stills, posters, articles and info
- Printed and finished to the highest standard
Want to know more about the magazine? Visit the official Classic Monsters of the Movies magazine website here.