Ships August 2020.
SCREAM as the aliens invade! GASP at the beautifully reproduced poster art! COLLECT this stunning limited edition collector’s item! The Things from Another World Postcard Set celebrates six alien invasion classics from the golden age of science fiction horror cinema. This collection of glorious poster art, the second Sci-Fi Spectacular postcard set, pays vivid tribute to the planet-shattering drama we all enjoyed as the visitors arrived from outer space. Whoever they were and wherever they came from, they always brought their share of excitement, as you’ll find in the explosive artwork on this luxury postcard set. We’re helpless against the power of extraterrestrial intelligence, and with only 100 sets worldwide, you simply can’t resist this limited edition collector’s item.
This item ships with a priority service via UK Royal Mail, for faster delivery worldwide!
The infinite depths of space allowed science fiction cinema to bring us all manner of planet-hopping creatures. While most of them didn’t have our best intentions at heart, they certainly left us with some memorable poster artwork. The Things from Another World Postcard Set is a beautiful follow-up to our Sci-Fi Spectacular collection, with six vibrant pieces of art honouring the death ray-wielding monsters that dropped from the skies and showed us what they thought of little old Earth. Each of these very different movies has its own place in the alien invasion sub-genre, and each of the cards in this luxurious postcard set will teleport you to a new galaxy of nostalgia and discovery. The artwork is beautifully restored and reproduced to the absolute highest standard, making them a colourful addition to your sci-fi movie memorabilia collection.
Of course, not all invaders from space are the same, so whether you prefer flying saucers laying waste to civilisation, evil plant life taking over our identities, or a veiled threat about human progress, there’s something in the Things from Another World Postcard Set for you. This unique set of alien invasion movie artwork postcards captures the panic of fifties cinema, as the good folks of Earth headed for the hills to escape the little green men. Each card in the Things from Another World Postcard Set is printed to A6 size (105 x 148mm) on sturdy 350gsm silk stock for a quality feel that marks them out as a collector’s item. Matt lamination on both sides adds a glorious lustre – these are science fiction movie postcards like you’ve never seen. The vintage-styled reverse has ample space for a few lines and an address, so you can send a message of hope to your fellow citizens – but it’s more likely that you’ll want to keep them as a treasured part of your own collection while you wait for the invaders to get back in their spaceships and leave. You’ll get the best results writing on the cards with a fine gel ballpoint or fine felt-tipped pen.
The Things from Another World Postcard Set features artwork from the following films:
- The Thing from Another World (1951): you don’t need to be in a crowded city to be under threat. This agonisingly tense production played on our fears of the unknown, as a remote snowbound outpost becomes the first line of defence against something unspeakable. What kind of awful thing has awoken in the ice?
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951): featuring some truly iconic imagery, this thought-provoking sci-fi classic brought us the well-intentioned Klaatu and his eerie companion Gort. As the exciting poster art shows, sometimes humanity isn’t willing to listen to good advice…
- Robot Monster (1953): most of humanity is already gone, and one of the few survivors is receiving some unwanted attention from the terrifying monkey-skull-diving-helmet monster Ro-Man. However, nothing is what it seems in what has to be one of the kitschiest sci-fi horror films ever made.
- The War of the Worlds (1953): this nightmarish artwork captures the spectacle, scope and sheer terror of one of the definitive movies in the sci-fi sphere. H G Wells’ story came into the modern world in a whirl of drama coupled with dazzling special effects.
- Earth vs the Flying Saucers (1956): these aliens came in peace, but you’d never have guessed. Ray Harryhausen’s eye-popping special effects made for a particularly stylish invasion in a movie which helped to cement the concept of the cinematic UFO.
- Quatermass 2 (1957): Brian Donlevy was back as brilliant scientist Bernard Quatermass, battling to foil a nefarious alien conspiracy. This apocalyptic, highly detailed poster art hints at the terrors yet to come – the secret of Winnerden Flats can’t stay hidden for long…
Alien terror might be raining down from the sky, but the Things from Another World Postcard Set will give you some blissful escapism as you head down into the Martian-proof bunker. Capturing the heady mix of wonder and fear that characterises alien invasion science fiction cinema, this collection of postcards is sure to be a cherished part of your movie memorabilia collection. But remember, with only 100 sets worldwide it’s likely to be one of the first targets on the aliens’ radar, so place your order now!