Ships April 2020.
Head back to the eerie age of silent horror cinema with our Silent Shudders Postcard Set #1, a showcase of six stunningly restored posters from among the earliest entries into the monster cinema hall of fame. Limited to just 100 sets worldwide, this collection of glorious artwork evokes the dawn of the horror motion picture as we know it.
This item ships with a priority service via UK Royal Mail, for faster delivery worldwide!
Horror movies have always touched something deep in our souls, and the silent era has a particular power to spark our imagination with its tantalising promotional artwork. The Silent Shudders postcard series celebrates the often intricate imagery that sent chills up the spines of horror cinema’s first fans.
The silent horror movie postcards in this set are A6 size (105 x 148mm), with each gloriously restored image printed in luxurious full colour to draw you into these six mysterious cinematic worlds. The cards are made of sturdy 350gsm silk stock with matt lamination on both sides for a rich sheen that will be a handsome addition to your silent cinema memorabilia collection. Each card features a vintage-styled reverse that you can write on with a fine gel ballpoint or fine felt-tipped pen – but of course, chances are you’ll want to keep these silent horror movie postcards as your own collector’s pieces.
The movies covered in the Silent Shudders Postcard Set #1 are:
- Frankenstein (1910): the earliest-known movie version of Mary Shelley’s timeless story still exerts an unsettling power over audiences.
- Balaoo: The Demon Baboon (1913): this early tale of animal experimentation is now thought lost, but the information we do have is compelling in the extreme.
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1920): John Barrymore’s spider-like Hyde made for an unforgettable villain in this tense, sinister motion picture.
- The Golem: How He Came into the World (1920): This new take on folklore cast Paul Wegener as the clay giant in a movie packed with haunting imagery.
- The Bat (1926): based on a stage play, this spooky movie was shrouded in secrecy and films at night to enhance the atmosphere on set.
- Metropolis (1927): the story of the towering futuristic city and the robot Maria has become a milestone in science fiction and fantasy horror.
The Silent Shudders Postcard Set #1 ships with a priority worldwide service via UK Royal Mail so it’ll reach you sooner. Remember, this set of silent horror movie postcards is limited to just 100 sets in the world, so it’s a must-have for all fans of vintage horror movies.