Ships July 2020.
The Classic Devils and Demons Movies Postcard Set #1 brings you six wickedly evocative pieces of art, each one celebrating cinema’s depictions of the nightmarish and unholy. Beautifully restored poster art is reproduced to the highest standard, making this set of demon movie postcards evilly irresistible. There are only 100 sets worldwide, so no fan of classic demon movies should miss this addition to their collections.
This item ships with a priority service via UK Royal Mail, for faster delivery worldwide!
Horror cinema has always been about conflict, fear and danger, and you don’t get much more of a conflict than the age-old battle between good and evil. From cinema’s early days right through to the modern classics of psychological horror, devils and demons in cinema have taken all kinds of forms, from snarling beasts through to the terrifying corruption of childhood. The Classic Devils and Demons Movies Postcard Set #1 brings you posters from six different demon horror movies, each one drawing you into a unique world of dread. Whether you prefer your demons with bat wings or human faces, this set of devil movie postcards has something for you.
Each of the six cards in the Classic Devils and Demons Movies Postcard Set #1 is carefully restored to give you a vivid and detailed experience of the haunting artwork. They’re printed to A6 size (105 x 148mm) on robust 350gsm silk stock, giving them a quality feel, with matt lamination on both sides adding an opulent sheen that you’ll love. The back of each of these demon movie postcards features a vintage-styled reverse; you’ll get the best results writing on them with a fine gel ballpoint or fine felt-tipped pen, so you can jot down your evil thoughts and send them to your favourite little devil – although you’d probably rather sell your soul than part with one of these beauties.
The Classic Devils and Demons Movies Postcard Set #1 features artwork from the following classic demon movies:
- The Devil’s Castle (1896): movie pioneer Georges Méliès showcased the possibilities of cinema magic in this ambitious film, celebrated here with a sense of wonder that’s not without a sinister touch.
- Faust (1926): the intricate artwork reflects the eerie mood of F W Murnau’s retelling of the German legend, which features some haunting imagery and a powerful performance by Emil Jannings as the devil.
- Night of the Demon (1957): this beloved movie is the stuff of nightmares. Its seething atmosphere of evil comes to life in a piece of vibrant, aggressive poster artwork featuring the terrifying demon.
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968): combining modern paranoia and supernatural threat, this iconic movie was packed with fear. The stark, raw poster art has a mood of spectral stillness that will chill you to the bone.
- The Devil Rides Out (1968): good and evil clashed to terrifying effect in a movie that’s packed with themes of possession, devil worship and eternal damnation. The dramatic poster art is just the beginning…
- The Omen (1976): little Damien Thorn is all evil and darkness in a movie that claws at your soul. From the threatening poster art onwards, this is an onslaught of pure terror you don’t ever forget.
Evil comes in many forms, but the demon movies features in the Classic Devils and Demons Movies Postcard Set #1 show that it certainly makes for great cinema. The protective rituals are prepared and the angels are on our side, so these classic devil movie postcards can’t do any harm – in fact, with only 100 sets worldwide, they’re a beautiful new addition to your collection of classic monster memorabilia. Now that’s a temptation that few can resist.