In stock for immediate shipping.
The reprinted fourth issue of Classic Monsters of the Movies magazine – continuing the tradition of the great monster mags of yore!
Issue 4 includes:
- Dracula AD 1972 – bringing Dracula into the modern age was a brave move for Hammer, and we think it’s high time this vampire romp received the closer look it deserves.
- Horror make-up – greasepaint, animal hair and painful prosthetics are just the beginning, in our special feature on the techniques used by the make-up masters of the horror movie world.
- Lon Chaney – the Man of the Thousand Faces was a creative powerhouse responsible for some of horror cinema’s most enduring images, and our biography examines his extraordinary legacy.
- Young Frankenstein – Mel Brooks’ loving 1974 tribute to Universal’s golden age is worthy of respect in its own right. We rediscover the many facets of this sparkling movie.
- Monkey business – why are there so many apes in horror movies? We peel a couple of bananas and sit back to enjoy the very best in simian scares.
- And much more besides!
The fourth issue of Classic Monsters of the Movies is filled with articles which explore the world of vintage horror cinema in new ways. With the first-class journalism and beautiful stills you’ve come to expect, it’s the perfect way to reawaken your nostalgic memories of yesteryear, whilst discovering something new along the way.
Classic Monsters of the Movies issue 4 features superlative cover artwork by horror art legend Daniel Horne, while the articles continue our foray into the people, places, movies and – above all – the magic of classic horror. If you’ve enjoyed our previous issues, you’ll love this one… and if you haven’t read them yet, there’s no time to lose!
- 68 pages
- Full colour throughout
- Packed with stills, posters, articles and info
- Printed and finished to the highest standard