In stock for immediate shipping.
The Stop Motion Animation Classics Postcard Set #1 unleashes worlds of imagination and adventure with six glorious pieces of artwork from some of classic horror’s most dramatic examples of stop-frame magic. From mythological monsters to science fiction thrills, this vibrant movie postcard set is ideal for any fan of classic fantasy cinema, and it’s limited to 100 sets worldwide, making it a must-have for collectors.
This item ships with a priority service via UK Royal Mail, for faster delivery worldwide!
Movie special effects have come in many forms, but the artistry of stop motion animation remains unrivalled in its power to immerse us in fantastical events. Pioneers like Willis O’Brien and Ray Harryhausen presented monsters like nothing we’d seen before – things that moved, thought, and always left us dazzled. The Stop Motion Animation Classics Postcard Set #1 is a celebration of the films that used this unique brand of meticulous craftsmanship to both terrify and captivate us. Carefully restored poster art captures the spine-tingling atmosphere of six beloved entries in the stop motion hall of fame, with vibrant colours and first-class finishing taking you back into worlds of prehistoric danger, alien invasion and city-sized spectacle.
Each card in the Stop Motion Animation Classics Postcard Set #1 is printed to A6 size (105 x 148mm) on robust 350gsm silk stock; both sides of each card are matt laminated, making these gorgeous collector’s pieces luxurious to the touch as well as sturdy. Each richly detailed piece of artwork is restored to look its finest, giving you an evocative glimpse into these very different movie experiences. The back of each card features a vintage-themed reverse with space for you to share your own thoughts with a fellow movie enthusiast: you’ll get the best results with a fine gel ballpoint or fine felt-tipped pen but this stop frame movie postcard set is so beautiful that you’ll probably want to keep it in your own collection.
The Stop Motion Animation Classics Postcard Set #1 features artwork from the following movies:
- The Lost World (1925): adapted from Arthur Conan Doyle’s 1912 novel, this silent extravaganza was bursting at the seams with Willis O’Brien’s battling dinosaurs. Bessie Love and Lewis Stone were top billed but as this action-packed poster shows, all eyes were on those amazing stop motion creations.
- King Kong (1933): the Eighth Wonder of the World gave stop motion animation a personality and a soul. This elegant piece of artwork captures the vertiginous drama of the climactic scene and the heartbreaking transformation of Kong himself from a fearsome jungle monster to a victim of circumstance.
- The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953): bigger is always better, at least in this particular case of man versus stop-frame monster. As this vibrant and detailed artwork shows, New York is in for a rough time when a furious 200-foot dinosaur comes calling…
- 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957): stop motion wizardry brought cinemagoers something altogether different, with the Venus-spawned Ymir showcasing Ray Harryhausen’s gift for investing his creatures with personality. This stylish poster captures the movie’s sense of wonder and menace.
- Jason and the Argonauts (1963): one of the all-time icons of stop motion cinema, this 1963 classic is packed with jaw-dropping moments that have stayed with fans for a lifetime. The terrifying bronze giant Talos takes centre stage in poster art that’s rich with the promise of adventure.
- When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (1970): Hammer Horror meets stop motion animation as Victoria Vetri and her stone-age pals face the very worst that prehistory has to offer. This intricate artwork screams the movie’s colossal intentions from the rooftops.
There’s no denying that stop motion cinema is an endlessly captivating facet of moviemaking, and the Stop Motion Animation Classics Postcard Set #1 is the perfect way to rediscover this very special art form. With only 100 sets worldwide, this stop motion movie postcard set is absolutely not to be missed.