In stock for immediate shipping.
Open the creaking door of your imagination and return to the dusty cobwebbed halls of many a vintage chill with our Classic Haunted House Movies Postcard Set #1. Six pieces of gorgeous poster art recall the cinematic haunted house movies that have left us turning the light on in the dead of night – and with just 100 sets worldwide, it’s an ideal piece for collectors.
This item ships with a priority service via UK Royal Mail, for faster delivery worldwide!
The haunted house is one of the most iconic horror movie images. What’s behind that locked door? Is that noise just the wind in the hallway? And are you really alone? Our Classic Haunted House Movies Postcard Set #1 illustrates the many ways in which a haunted house can be packed with all kinds of chills, with imagery from movies set in and around some truly awful abodes.
This set of classic haunted house movie postcards is printed on 350gsm silk stock, with rich full colour bringing depth and detail to the meticulously restored posters. Each card is matt laminated on both sides to provide a sleek, tactile sheen that you’ll love, and the vintage-styled reverse has space for your own message and the address of your favourite haunted house dwelling friend. You can write on the cards with a fine gel ballpoint or fine felt-tipped pen but chances are you’ll want to keep this set of classic haunted house movie postcards for yourself. No collector wants anyone getting their disembodied hands on a treasured piece of horror movie memorabilia…
The Classic Haunted House Postcard Set #1 includes the following artwork:
- The Cat and the Canary (1939): the eerie mansion in the swamps would be bad enough even if there weren’t a killer on the loose in this Bob Hope comedy-horror classic.
- Horror Island (1941): fun and frights collide as we cross the misty water to the old castle with Dick Foran and Peggy Moran for this atmospheric romp.
- The Uninvited (1944): the shadows in Windward House are packed with horror in this spine-chilling classic that helped to shape the haunted house movie genre.
- House on Haunted Hill (1959): nothing is what it seems as Vincent Price presides over the kind of sleepover nobody enjoys. This beloved movie – and its poster – is packed with iconic moments.
- The Fall of the House of Usher (1960): the crumbling walls of the Usher house are packed with misery and dread in another lavish Vincent Price classic.
- The Innocents (1961): the life of a governess is never easy, especially when her young charges might be possessed by evil spirits… or is it all in her mind?
The Classic Haunted House Movies Postcard Set #1 captures the old-school chills and sense of foreboding that makes the haunted house genre such a favourite. And remember, with only 100 sets worldwide this postcard set is sure to become a treasured addition to any family’s secret memorabilia hoard.