In stock now for immediate shipping!
LOW SHIPPING RATES FOR UNITED STATES, CANADA AND UK ORDERS!
STOCKS ARE RUNNING VERY LOW – THERE ARE FEWER THAN 5 FIRST EDITION ISSUE 5s LEFT, SO ORDER NOW FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH!
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL NOT BE A REPRINT OF THIS ITEM.
Issue 5 includes:
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Fredric March’s Oscar-winning portrayal of the notorious scientist is the stuff of horror legend; we look at the making and legacy of this undisputed classic.
- Peter Lorre – from M and Mad Love through to Casablanca, this actor showed a versatility seldom seen before or since. Our biography explores his life and extraordinary body of work.
- Amicus – with portmanteau classics like Tales from the Crypt, and standalone productions such as I, Monster, this studio occupies a unique and much-loved place in horror culture.
- Denis Gifford – we reveal a never-before-seen article from the UK’s master of pop culture.
- Novels to films – there are countless movie adaptations of horror novels, but which ones are the most entertaining and the most accurate?
- The Cat and the Canary – it’s fun, it’s spooky, and it has some great horror moments. In this issue’s Kitsch Corner, we’re off to the swamps with Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard to meet the incomparable Miss Lu – why not come along too?
- And so much more besides!
The fifth issue of Classic Monsters of the Movies is packed to bursting with articles putting a fresh spin on classic horror movies. Industry-leading journalism, stunning stills and timeless design make it the perfect way to rediscover your favourite monsters.
Classic Monsters of the Movies issue 5 features a beautiful painting of Mr Hyde by horror art maestro Daniel Horne. Inside, you’ll enjoy our unique exploration into the movies, stars and stories that make classic horror movies so exciting. If you’ve enjoyed our previous issues, you’ll love this one too, and if you haven’t discovered them yet, you’re missing out!
Don’t forget, you can save money with a discount on each issue when you purchase an advance subscription to Classic Monsters of the Movies. Click here for details!
- 68 pages
- Full colour throughout
- Packed with stills, posters, articles and info
- Printed and finished to the highest standard
Want to know more about the magazine? Visit the official Classic Monsters of the Movies magazine website here.